httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gunter Verbocht" <gun...@verbocht.be>
Subject [users@httpd] virtual host error
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:45:59 GMT
I have this problem:
I want to create a virtual hosting account with apache 1.3.26
I have found some documentation on this, and I want to add separate log
files for this account. I have tried this code in httpd.conf:

  <VirtualHost *>
  ServerName www.virtdomain1.com
  DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtdomain1.com
  ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/  "/usr/local/www/www.virtdomain1.com"
  ErrorLog /usr/local/www/virtdomain1.com/logs/virtdomain1.com-error_log
  TransferLog
/usr/local/www/virtdomain1.com/logs/virtdomain1.com-transfer_log
  </VirtualHost>

When I use this code, Apache doesn't want to restart, and gives an error
that apachectl can't be started. When I remove the
  ErrorLog /usr/local/www/virtdomain1.com/logs/virtdomain1.com-error_log
  TransferLog
/usr/local/www/virtdomain1.com/logs/virtdomain1.com-transfer_log
Rules, Apache starts perfectly.

So it seems that apache cannot create these log files. How come?

Also, Apache does not create a cgi-bin directory automatically. Is it
really necessary that I create this directory myself?

Regards,

Gunter Verbocht