httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSI: can't get it to work
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 02:29:25 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

>On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Madere, Colin wrote:
>> I have tried (at least) the following permutations in my httpd.conf in the
>> <Directory "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs"> block AND all the SSI stuff above
>> and outside the <Directory> blocks (minus the Options directive):
<snip>

>> Testing includes:<BR><BR>
>> <!-- #include virtual="includeme.shtml" -->
>
>I'm not sure that you are allowed to have a space between the "<!--" and
>the "#".  Try removing that.

Wondered about that myself, but am too lazy to test ;)

I'm running 1.3 Debian binaries, so this may be way off base.  Do you
have mod_include enabled?  Here is ref to Apache 2.0 doc:

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_include.html

--
gt                         kk5st@sbcglobal.net
  Nielsen's First Law of Computer Manuals: