httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Named based hosting
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 09:17:56 GMT
Branna wrote:

>Greetings all:
>
>Can someone help me with this problem? With RH8 and Apache 2.0, I have named
>based hosting setup.  The problem is all quiries to the server by domain
>link to the default page.  However, if I point to www.example.com/index.html
>or www.example2.com/index.html the correct site appears.  Any idea what
>could be causing this problem?
>
>thanks in advance...

<snip>

>Subject: Re: [users@httpd] A problem with index.html
<snip all the rest>

Please do not "reply" when you mean to introduce a new subject or
thread.  MUAs that thread by ID reference will bury your message inside
another thread, and the folks that are in that thread will be pissed by
the interruption.  The people that might be interested in your question
won't see it unless they are following the thread that you broke into.

For some informational reading, try these URLs:

Following instructions in the first URL, and trying google, yields 1.5+
million hits.  The first answer is thus, RTFM:

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/name-based.html

--
gt                         kk5st@sbcglobal.net
  Nielsen's First Law of Computer Manuals: