httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Am I publishing anything?
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:07:20 GMT
SUSANA PUMAR PAVON wrote:

>Good morning!
>
>I am new with Apache, maybe someone can help me. I have installed Apache as a server on
a Linux PC. The problem is that when I try on Internet I can't find the web. I don't know
where the problem is. The Apache is running, the port 80 is open, at least I think it is,
but I can't connect to the Linux making a telnet on port 80.

Using the same machine that Apache is on, open your browser and go to
http://localhost/  That should bring up the Apache default page (unless
you've added your own).  If it doesn't, run "ps aux" to make sure that
either httpd or apache (depends on distr., on Debian, it's apache) is
running.

If all is OK so far, it's time to recheck the httpd.conf file
--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---