httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod_rewrite rule help..
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:29:11 GMT

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Chad Day wrote:
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/([^/]+)/?$
> RewriteCond /usr/local/www/sites/domain.com/htdocs/calendar/$1 !-d [NC]
> RewriteRule /.* http://calendar.domain.com/view.php?ID=$1 [R,L]
> RewriteEngine Off

Hmmm... You're the second person I've seen using RewriteEngine On ...
RewriteEngine off.  Where are people getting that idea?  The RewriteEngine
off is overridding the rewriteEngine On and making apache ignore all the
rewriterules.  Get rid of it.

Also, if you want there to be anything in the $1, you'll need to replace

Finally, if you want something in the rewrite log file (good idea!),
you'll want a RewriteLog and RewriteLogLevel directive.

Joshua.