httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Kilbourn <skilbo...@server.nabs.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] (98)Address already in use
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 06:12:31 GMT
Hi,
  After configuring httpd.conf so that my IP address will listen on port
443, I am receiving the message:
 (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
xxx.xx.xxx.xx:443
               					[FAILED]

I checked the port status using 'netstat -lvan' and there is nothing else
that appears to be using this port on the server when I am getting the
error message.

There are no error_log entries for the problem.

When I comment out the "Listen xxx.xx.xxx.xx:443" line from my httpd.conf
file, httpd starts just fine.

Netstat then shows that the port is in use, but I cannot access my website
with the "https://my.local.domain/" protocol.  I can only access it using
the "http://my.local.domain:443/" protocol.

I have looked at all the information I can find on line for this and am
unable to figure out the problem.

Please help.  Thank you.

Scott