httpd-users mailing list archives

From Farid Hamjavar <hamja...@unm.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] running two httpd.conf
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 17:16:58 GMT

You're right. the term 'installation' I used
is confusing...

I meant 'Apache tree' let's call it....

Why do we want to have on Apache tree with two
http.conf? We're not certain but one of the services
we provide is really fast when it is run in httpd.conf
when it owns it entirely (on another %100 identical system)
,  but when  it is run as a virtual host is
really slow ... too difficult to  explain.

But I did look at more stuff and lot of things
need to be ,in a non-standard fashion, tweaked ...

we need to have a separate apachectl, a separate
/etc/init.d/httpd of course,  so on and so forth ...

It sounds really messy in terms of what needs to be
changed and maintained that way after each OS upgrade ...

Farid