httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Disable loging
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2002 14:17:56 GMT
On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Sherif D Mohamad wrote:

> I have apache 1.3 on windows 2000
> The command apache -k rotate does not work it gives invalid signal "rotate"
> and I can't find apachectl file so I am not able to make rotate.

That is not a valid argument to apache -k, which is what the message
means. What were you hoping that it would do?

> How can I tell apache do not log anything (do not output data in access.log
> and error.log)

Omit the "CustomLog" directives in your configuration file, and the
Set the ErrorLog directive to:

ErrorLog nul

> Also how I tell it, log for a specific virtual host and do not log for
> anything else

Put log directives within that virtual host section, and not elsewhere.

> And is it possible to log on a shared drive (Apache runs as a service and do
> not access the desktop with a user name so I had problems before accessing
> windows shared drives because it needs a username and pass to access it)

Sorry, I can't help much on the Windows-specific question.

--
Nothing is perfekt. Certainly not me.
Success to failure. Just a matter of degrees.