httpd-users mailing list archives

From "The light is everywhere." <bo...@efn.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.6, mod_mime failing under OpenBSD 3.2
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2002 22:05:27 GMT
Greetings,

	Here is the error I recieve whenever requesting a page:

[warn] mod_mime: analyze_ct: cannot get media type from '0'

	This appears in logs/error_log twice for each page request. A
little bit about my setup is perhaps in order. I'm running two instances
of httpd (please see both attached configs.) One jails itself under
/var/www and is configured to only serve HTTPS requests for
mydomain.tld:1234. The other instance jails itself within
/home/chroot/www, and acts to serve my users' pages, who all have an sftp
dump there.

	Also, I should mention that Apache was working at one point. I
didn't have both instances running then (just the one under
/var/www/.) However, inbetween verifying that Apache was working out of
the box (after it was installed w/ the system), and when I realized it
was broken, I'd made so many modifcations to the system that I didn't
have a clue as to where to begin searching for my error. Nevertheless, I
did try several things, including:

	- Regenerated all the config files, removed anything extraneous.
	- Assured that files mime.types and magic were readable by the
	server
	- Replaced various test files with all the hints the server could
	ever want
	- Replaced mime.types
	- Messed around with different placement of the DefaultTypes
	directive
	- Tried running only one instance of the server, same errors are
	still produced, regardless of how many instances are started
	- Yelled/screamed/kicked/pulled my hair out

	My biggest question is, should Apache be referring to my document
here as '0'? My understanding of the internal mechanics of Apache is still
in it's infancy, I've just begun to dig beyond the surface. Hopefully
someone here, more familiar with the Apache's behind-the-scenes than I,
can provide some direction in how next to tackle this problem. Your time
and thoughts are much appreciated, thanks in advance,

	--Boaz