httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hong....@weirwarman.com
Subject [users@httpd] I need a help on virtual host
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 21:38:31 GMT
hi,
We have Apache 1.3.26 and Tomcat 4.0.6 running on Win2000 server.
My question is about Apache virtual hosts setup, initially I have the
virtual host work by following the online documentation with the below
definitions in httpd.conf:
NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost  *>
ServerName mydomain.com
:
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost  *>
ServerName sub1.mydomain.com
:
</VirtualHost>

While due to my integration of Apache and Tomcat, I need to have a virtual host definition
format like:
<VirtualHost  mydomain.com>
ServerName mydomain.com
:
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost  sub1.mydomain.com>
ServerName sub1.mydomain.com
:
</VirtualHost>
I've already tried this for several days, but still no luck, please tell me the proper way
to achieve my requirement.
Thanks for help.

Hong

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.  The
unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden. Warman International Ltd will not be liable for direct,
special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the
contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being
passed on.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Warman International
Ltd. does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
necessarily represent those of Warman International Ltd.