httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark A Christofferson" <mchr...@lsu.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Question concerning https/http and another concerning subdomains
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 04:30:24 GMT
I am current designing the outlook of a departmental webserver for my
university, and I have run into the following two questions.  I have
searched the FAQ...etc....but if I overlooked them I apologize and please
direct me to them.

Question #1: Is there a method by which I would be able to operate one
apache webserver operating on the https protocol, but allow it to accept
users typing the standard http:// rather than https://.  This would provide
less change for the users, and more security for the system.

Question #2: How would I go about creating a subdomain in
apache, for example if my webserver is www.csc.lsu.edu, how could I create
a "subweb" bearing the URL classes.csc.lsu.edu?

Thank you for your assistance