httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Olds" <MikeO...@themozone.net>
Subject [users@httpd] ScriptAlias two Virtual Host Directories
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2002 01:29:40 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to get ScriptAlias working for two separate Named Virtual Hosts
and nothing I am doing is working.

This is a Debian Woody stock setup, with 2 users (both me) with two domains.
At present the server serves html pages properly to both domains, but will
execute CGI only for the first domain. I have tried a number of different
configurations the last of which is this:

(The Directory/File structure is the same for both domains, and the
users/groups and permissions are both exactly the same)

<Directory "/www/usr-1/public_html/cgi-bin">
   AllowOverride None
   Options ExecCGI
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Same same for user2...

NameVirtualHost 000etc

<VirtualHost 000etc>
   UseCanonicalName off
   ServerName www.domain1.net
   ServerAlias *.domain.net domain.net domain
   DocumentRoot "/www/usr-1/public_html"
   ServerAdmin me@mine
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /www/usr/public_html/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 000etc>
   UseCanonicalName off
   ServerName www.domain2.net
   ServerAlias *.domain.net domain.net domain
   DocumentRoot "/www/usr/public_html"
   ServerAdmin me@mine
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /www/usr-2/public_html/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

The error I am getting is "No such file or directory" when I try to execute
a script from usr2s cgi-bin. In the main configuration the language speaks
of Script Aliases (plural) but I have not found one example of the use of
more than one in any of the documentation.

I have read the relevant materials in two books, asked on the Debian User
board, looked at the FAQ and docs here and this looks like it should be
working. So I am thinking there is something at a higher level than the
configuration file that I have incorrectly set up. Does anyone have any
ideas?

Best Wishes!
Mike Olds www.buddhadust.org