httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Olds" <MikeO...@themozone.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] ScriptAlias two Virtual Host Directories
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2002 14:39:40 GMT
Gary,

You said:

Your script is called through the URL passed to the server by a form or href
anchor.  So, if

   ScriptAlias /cgi/ /usr/local/lib/cgi-bin/

then the script "dothis" might be called with "/cgi/dothis"

OK! Now I understand. In my own words, the server doesn't even see the URL
called by the user's browser; it goes from the user's browser to the script,
from the script to the server; from the server through the ScriptAlias to
the cgi-bin.

Thank you for taking the time to get this through...that is if I do have it
correctly or approximately correctly.

Best Wishes!
Mike Olds www.buddhadust.org