httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Klama" <fvim...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Frontpage Server Extensions
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:05:10 GMT
Jack,
The platform I am running is Redhat Linux 7.3 with Apache 1.3.27
Where did you get your FPSE from if not from RTR?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack L. Stone [mailto:jackstone@sage-one.net]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 9:40 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org; users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Frontpage Server Extensions

At 06:00 AM 12.20.2002 -0600, Mark Zander wrote:
>The only place to get it for Unix is RTR - Ready-To-Run Software.  If you
need to use Apache security, the FP2002 won't really work.  We were never
able to get it working correctly, and haven't been able to find anyone else
who has either.  As long as you just want a very vanilla install, then you
should be OK.

Mike, you didn't say what platform you are running. With FBSD-xx Unix, I
have been running FP2002 just fine on several machines with the latest
Apache -- even with-ssl. And, yes, if you expect to logon FP users, you
must have the extensions. Also, to use any of the FP special
functionalities, the extensions are necessary. I use installs right out of
the ports -- no problem, but a little bit of tweaking.

In fact, have even updated the installs and they are still working fine --
I was braced for FP to break, but it didn't... whew!

With RTR and so many other places, I found the info to be outdated and
almost useless for application to the latest versions of FP installs. At
least, that is what I found in my searches when first doing
installs/updates. I learned a few things from those old sites, but not the
key things I needed. My apologies if they have been updated since my last
visits.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator