httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache - database locks
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 15:38:00 GMT
Hi,

I configured Apache to reboot once a week... on friday.
It runs on a RedHat server, it's dedicated and we have root.

EVERY friday our game crashes, we use LOCKS on the tables to avoid a couple
of bugs...

So what happens is:
people click, tables are locked
apache terminates connection
apache restarts, and the locked tables can't be unlocked anymore, and are
eventually deleted by MySQL...

Is there a way to avoid this??? Either to stop Apache from a complete
restart, or to lift any LOCKS on the tables... I'm quite puzzled on this
one...  It's by far the last thing that's bothersome :(

www.shimlar.com

Thanks for any tips/help on this matter,

Met vriendelijke groet,

Koen Vingerhoets

***** UBench nv *****
http://www.ubench.com
The information contained in this electronic mail message is privileged and
confidential,
and is intended only for use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure,reproduction, distribution or other
use of this
communication is strictly prohibited.

by reply
transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.