httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Pritpal Dhaliwal" <pdhali...@tycoint.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] GET line length limit?
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:17:45 GMT
Well,

I belive the limit is 1024 bytes. I don't think its enforced at too many places but i suggest
using post if anything longer than 1024 is needed.

Say if someone comes up with a great new client, they might enforce it, or it can be enforced
by a non-apache server.

Generally I don't think you need more than 1024 bytes.

Regards,
Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugh Williams [mailto:hughw@soco.agilent.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 10:57 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] GET line length limit?

Hi;

I know that there's a limit to how many characters a URL can include
when using a GET method for form submission.  Where (if anywhere) is
this limit set/enforced?  Is it an environment varibale that is
hardware/OS dependent?  Is it inside Apache?  Is it in my head (oops,
sorry, old Who lyrics...)?

Thanks,

hugh

--
 Hugh Williams			"And the time will come when you'll see
 hugh_williams@agilent.com  	 We're all very small