httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "H. Carter Harris" <carter-li...@technettn.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] A problem with index.html
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:39:40 GMT
I just checked myself again ... I used apachectl stop to stop the server ...
then
httpd -f /usr/www/site.first/conf/httpd.conf -d /usr/www/site.first/htdocs
to start the server again.

I checked the log and the 404 error was recorded ... actually is 404 206.  I
also noted
that the site was hit twice today from other IP addresses other than mine.
Those hits
recorded 400 307 messages.

To recreate the error I changed my brower to include the name of the page
and it displayed
has it has before.  The log shows a "GET /index.html HTTP/1.1" 304 -




-----Original Message-----
From: J. Greenlees [mailto:jaqui@shaw.ca]
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 10:19 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] A problem with index.html


that should work, did you restart apache after adding it?


H. Carter Harris wrote:
> Did I not do that in the last line of the conf file?
>
>
>>LoadModule config_log_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_log_config.so
>>LoadModule dir_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_dir.so
>>User apache
>>Group apache
>>ServerName linuxserver
>>DocumentRoot /usr/www/site.first/htdocs
>>TransferLog /usr/www/site.first/logs/access.log
>>DirectoryIndex index.html
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: J. Greenlees [mailto:jaqui@shaw.ca]
> Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 10:02 PM
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] A problem with index.html
>
>
> you need to specify which files are index files for apache to look for.
> with a line like:
>
> <IfModule mod_dir.c>
> 	DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.php3 index.shtml
> </Ifmodule>
>
> you can set up any filename as the index file, including something like
> start_site_file.html
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>    "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>    "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>
>



---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org



---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message