httpd-users mailing list archives

From "H. Carter Harris" <carter-li...@technettn.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Question about starting httpd
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 14:18:44 GMT
I'm running a very simple conf file and webpage trying to figure it all out.
I have managed to get the log working using the following conf file but I
can't get the thing to find my index.html file without typing it as part of
the url (i.e. www.domain.com/index.html.

*******Begin*******
LoadModule config_log_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule autoindex_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule dir_module /usr/lib/apache/mod_dir.so
# The following lines generate a warning when conf is loaded saying they are
already loaded
# AddModule mod_log_config.c
# AddModule mod_dir.c
#
User webuser
Group webgroup
ServerName Mserver01
#
DocumentRoot /usr/www/site.first/htdocs
TransferLog /usr/www/site.first/logs/access_log
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.php3 index.shtml index.cgi
index.pl index.htm Default.htm default.htm
</IfModule>

I use "apachectl stop" to stop apache and then

httpd -f /usr/www/site.first/conf/httpd.conf -d /usr/www/site.first/htdocs

For the life of me I can't see why it won't see my index.html file. I must
be leaving a directive out or something.  Thanks in advance for any
assistance.  Carter