httpd-users mailing list archives

From "H. Carter Harris" <carter-li...@technettn.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Question about starting httpd
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:23:19 GMT
I am running a Mandrake OS (v8.2). Apache (v1.3.27 I think) was
installed (intentionally) when the OS was installed.

The default webpage is up and running and available over the internet
and through the router (to grandmother's house we go).

The default conf from installation is pretty nice so I want to set up a
test environment to avoid damaging what is currently installed. I have
setup a test website (from the O'Reilly book). What I want to do is stop
the current running apache (apachectl stop), and start the test
environment with the following:

httpd -f /usr/www/site.first/conf/httpd.conf -d /usr/www/site.first

The httpd.conf is a very simple config file to allow me to play with the
directives and hopefully learn something. The site is three pages also
very simple. The other files and directories are also very simple.

Here is the question: If I start apache this way is it limited to the
directives in the file after the -f parameter?