httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Panning" <rpann...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi process spawn error
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2002 00:28:25 GMT
I don't have those lines in my config file. I've looked and looked again and
I don't see anything related to Perl in my config file. Are you trying to
run your perl script inside a script alias folder? Ex:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "C:/Apache2/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Then the script you are trying to run is in C:\Apache2\cgi-bin  When you go
to http://localhost/cgi-bin/script.pl does it run or is that what you
already have set up? Also, do you have ActiveState Perl or something
installed? Sorry if you've already answered these questions, I havn't been
keeping track of this topic.

Ryan

----Original Message Follows----
From: Joshuah Goldstein <mrbiglesworth3@yahoo.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] cgi process spawn error
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 14:22:40 -0800 (PST)

I did that and I found it only works if you put
ScriptInterpreterSource script
or
ScriptInterpreterSource registry
in the config file.
I was confused because the config file says the following:
# To enable the this Windows specific behavior (and
therefore -disable- the
# equivilant Unix behavior), uncomment the following
directive:
#ScriptInterpreterSource registry,
leading me to believe that simply leaving the line
commented out would enable the 'script' way of running .pl
files.  However, having the line commented out did not.
I found where ScriptInterpreterSource is defined on the
apache site somewhere and that's what says to use 'script'
instead of 'registry' with the command, which works fine
for me.
I wonder why it doesn't mention 'script' in the config file
and I'm curious about if either line is in your config
file.

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf