httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Webster <eudo...@freeuk.com>
Subject [users@httpd] bizarre cgi stuff
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 22:38:36 GMT
Ok, I got the Perl cgi to work, the only thing is....

...all that ScriptAlias appears to do is prevent a directory listing of
the cgi-bin directory AND prevent the DirectoryIndex directive from
working inside the cgi-bin directory!

This is very bizarre.

Also, it doesn't appear to matter what directives I use to control
where scripts are allowed to be executed; as long as I have

AddHandler cgi-script .pl

in or above the directory with the script, it will execute.

This is all rather odd to my mind.  I thought that the AddHandler would
let scripts get executed and ScriptAlias (as one method) would indicate
WHERE they should be executed.  Anywhere else they would just be normal
files.

Does anyone know what's going on or do I have a rogue version of Apache?

Best regards,
Matt.

--
Matthew Webster - 07984 164 535