httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Schalk Erasmus" <sch...@prosys.com.na>
Subject [users@httpd] Mod_Proxy
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 10:22:05 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I have a serious and urgent matter, which I can't seem to resolve myself.
Could someone please advice?

My problem is that Apache doesn't redirect a specific page (situated on a
Internal Server) on a public IP, accessible via the net.

Here is my VirtualHost settings - using ProxyPass directive:

<VirtualHost 196.[snip]>
    ServerName [snip]
    ServerAdmin [snip]
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/ncci.org.na-error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/ncci.org.na-access_log common
    ProxyPass / http://10.222.51.2/login
    ProxyPassReverse / http://10.222.51.2/login
</VirtualHost>

The above works fine on the Internal LAN, but fails from outside - since it
tries to connect to a Private IP (which makes sense, but shouldn't Apache
take care of that?).

Maybe I should not use ProxyPass, but something else. Any ideas?

What I'm trying to accomplish, is to use a webmail feature (on a Linux
Cube - over a VPN circuit) from the BSD (Apache) Server.

Any comments or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Regards
Schalk Erasmus
Progressive Systems