httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jalene Joyner" <Jalene.Joy...@mail.state.ar.us>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache setup
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:17:08 GMT
Are you saying that the DocumentRoot for the Default server should be
set at "/etc/httpd"?

-----Original Message-----
From: JDeSalle [mailto:jdesalle@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 3:09 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache setup

Jalene,  your ServerRoot should be "/etc/httpd" and your DocumentRoot
should be /var/www/html.
If you try to serve your site from ServerRoot you won't let you have
access that directory to serve your documents.
RedHat splits up the directories with the default RPM installs. One is
for configs and one is for serving documents.

hope this helps
jd

Jalene Joyner wrote:

>I have Apache Server 1.3.23 running on a Red Hat Linux 7.3 server.  I
>have a user that is running DreamWeaver MX and trying to create dynamic
>(relative) links on a webpage.  When the link is setup using the
>DocumentRoot designation the link works properly and when the
ServerRoot