httpd-users mailing list archives

From nicobas <nic...@bluewin.ch>
Subject [users@httpd] ReadmeName README listing problems
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:52:25 GMT
hello,

I got Apache 1.3.22 running on RedHat 7.2.
I have encountered problems with Module mod_autoindex

I have included the output of /server-info for mod_autoindex below.

The IndexIgnore directive is working - I don't see README files listed in
the index that I can verify are there. And the module is loaded and
working,
other than displaying the README.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Is anyone else having a similar
problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
nico

I have already checked
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_autoindex.html

----------------------------
Current configuration:
conf/httpd.conf

#
# ReadmeName: the name of the README file the server will look for by
# default, and append to directory listings.
##
# FancyIndexing: whether you want fancy directory indexing or standard
#
IndexOptions FancyIndexing

# HeaderName: the name of a file which should be prepended to
# directory indexes.
#
# The server will first look for name.html and include it if found.
# If name.html doesn't exist, the server will then look for name.txt
# and include it as plaintext if found.
#
ReadmeName README
HeaderName HEADER

#
# IndexIgnore: a set of filenames which directory indexing should ignore
# and not include in the listing.  Shell-style wildcarding is permitted.
#
IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t