httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Fenlason, Josh" <jfenla...@ptc.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Re: Compiling Apache 2.0.43 with LDAP
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 12:24:30 GMT
You have to switch the order you load the two ldap modules in httpd.conf.
They have to be loaded in this order.
LoadModule ldap_module modules/util_ldap.so
LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Sanderson [mailto:ams@sdsc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 9:19 PM
To: httpd-users@apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Re: Compiling Apache 2.0.43 with LDAP

>> --with-ldap \
>> --with-auth-ldap \

> + 2 x enable

I have them both in my --enable-mods-shared= option

> I used the Netscape ldapsdk and was able to get it to build.  You can =
> get them here
> http://wwws.sun.com/software/download/developer/5176.html

Thanks for the tip, I tried this SDK and now it compiles fine, but I get
the following runtime error:

Syntax error on line 235 of /#apache_home#/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /#apache_home#/modules/mod_auth_ldap.so into server: ld.so.1:
httpd: fatal: relocation error:
file /#apache_home#/modules/mod_auth_ldap.so:
symbol util_ldap_connection_close: referenced symbol not found

Why is it giving me this error?  It looks like thus function is defined in
include/util_ldap.h, also what is apr and apr-util, what would I need
these for?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Andy