httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can't locate API module structure 'config_log_module', error
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:02:02 GMT
eric wrote:

>Dear httpd of apache users:
>
>  In my apache 2.0.43 on window32,
>I have start or restart error on
>can not locate API module structure 'config_log_module',  in file
>C:/Apache2/modules/mod_log_config.so: No error
>

>is that influence the external user can not access my website?,

No. RTFM:

		http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_log_config.html

>before I add that module in my httpd.conf

If you don't know what it is, why did you add it?

>I can access my site from my computer local computer,
>but fail to let outsider access my site(I just discover tonight)

Have you got a modicum of clue re how browsers and servers work?

RTFM:	 http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/

Do something on your own!  RTFM:

 	   http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/misc/tutorials.html

Haven't you said that you are using XP?  Doesn't that have a built-in
firewall?  Is port 80 open to the world?  Is there another firewall
blocking the world?

Eric, I'd like to dig in to a problem and help you to solve it.  Helping
often orders my thoughts and creates a learning opportunity for me.
But!  You are required to come to class prepared.  And you are required
to state the problem clearly, concisely, and with supporting data.

Read (no, it's not TheFM, but it is a how-to):

gt                         kk5st@sbcglobal.net
  Nielsen's First Law of Computer Manuals:
People don't read documentation voluntarily.