httpd-users mailing list archives

From SigurĂ°ur Bjarnason <si...@betware.com>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL and Performance
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 13:45:42 GMT

Hi all

I am having a strange problem with SSL,  my setup is Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 4.x with ajp13
connector witch supports SSL.

Ok i am using a BenchMark tool called Siege, the test are doing great on only HTTP but when
i shoot at HTTPS the whole thing stinks... :(

With HTTP i can run test with 50 clients ..with no problems, but when i am testing HTTPS the
tests Crash at Only 10 clients !

Does anyone know anything about HTTPS and why i get this behavior when testing with it,..
The connector i am using is precompiled from Apache..so i would think it should hold up good.

Christmas greatings
Siggi