httpd-users mailing list archives

From <li...@kentane.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual host problems
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:58:07 GMT
Hi Zac,
The testing I tried was with a web browser. The default page I am
talking about is the one of the main apache config. I get the page
entitled "Test Page for the Apache Web Server on Red Hat Linux"

The hostname is not a DNS registered name yet. I have put the name in my
hosts file. I even tried putting it in the hosts file of the apache
server as well, that did not help.

I have looked at the example at:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/examples.html. This is what I used
as the guideline.

No luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zac Stevens [mailto:zts@cryptocracy.com]
Sent: 13 December 2002 12:51 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Virtual host problems

Hi there,

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 12:34:10PM +0200, lists@kentane.net wrote:
> When I try and access either virtual hosts by hostname, I get the
> default page.
>
> Is it possible to do this with only one IP addresss or do I need to
> add another IP to the webserver to achieve this?

The whole point of name-based virtualhosts is that you only need a
single IP address, so rest assured you're on the right track!  I'm
wondering how you have tried testing - with a web browser, or via some
other method?

Also, when you say you get the 'default page', is that page the first
virtualhost in your config?

Zac