httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Lucas <da...@yetiservices.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] non default ports
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2002 20:16:24 GMT
You will probably have to use a redirection service.
One, not recommended, is www.tzo.com.  You can read about your needs at
http://www.tzo.com/MainPageSupport/FAQs/E5.html
This would require your server be windows.  I run win2k with apache
myself.  I am looking at trying this on a different machine for another
purpose.

At 01:45 PM 12/7/2002, you wrote:
>do other registars allow you to do that?  because register doesn't.  if
>someone like network solutions does i'd be happy to switch for however
>much it costs.  and thanks tim for the suggestion.
>
>At 11:41 AM 12/7/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>>At 11:01 AM 12/7/2002, you wrote:
>>>i looked through the archives and found a few fragmented posts on port
>>>redirection etc but i was wondering if someone could list all the known
>>>ways to get around running an http server on a different port than
>>>80.  basically my isp blocks port 80, probably because of code red
>>>scares, so I run an http server on port 1101.  is there any way I can
>>>have someone type in www.mydomain.com and have it automatically forward
>>>to www.mydomain.com:1101 and for the user to never see it?  I own two
>>>true domains with register.com, I don't have my own in house dns
>>>server.  Apache 2.0.43.  It's running on a small home network with a
>>>linksys router, no cisco stuff here.  thanks.
>>>
>>>dan
>>
>>Log on to register.com and go to your management page.  Go to "Change IP"
>>
>>make your domain say www.mydomain.com point to IP.nu.mb.er:1101
>>
>>Make sure you have apache listening on port 1101 for your
>>www.mydomain.com  (not www.mydomain.com:1101)
>>

>>--
>>This message has been scanned for viruses and
>>dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
>>believed to be clean.

>--
>believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.