httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] disable DirectoryIndex
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:25:10 GMT

You have to think that directory listing is a special case of
DirectoryIndex - i.e. apache *always* goes through the DirectoryIndex
directive and only does a listing if it finds no match. One thing that I
noticed after sending the first mail is that "documents do not need to
be relative to the directory" so you can set an absolute path for
file_that_never_exists.html, e.g.

	DirectoryIndex 	/usr/local/apache/file_that_never_exists.html

Since you own /usr/local/apache, you can ensure that this file never
gets created.

I think this is really how your supposed to do it... It's not a
workaround.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

>I was thinking about directive that would tell apache not to
>search forindex
>file but do a directory listing imediately.
>
>I am afraid there is none now.
>--
> Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
> Warning: I don't wish to receive spam to this address.
> Varovanie: Nezelam si na tuto adresu dostavat akukolvek
>reklamnu postu.
> Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

views of the sender's company.