httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] disable DirectoryIndex
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:49:30 GMT

Think laterally - set up a DirectoryIndex at server config level (so
it's global) and define an index file name that *never* exists. The
presence of a DI directive will switch off the default and since apache
will never find the file, it will go to directory listing, e.g.

DirectoryIndex 	file_that_never_exists.html

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

>--
> Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
> Warning: I don't wish to receive spam to this address.
> Varovanie: Nezelam si na tuto adresu dostavat akukolvek
>reklamnu postu.
> You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be
>misquoted,
> then used against you.

views of the sender's company.