httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] (98)Address already in use (fwd)
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:01:50 GMT

Either. The point is that the HTTP service and the HTTPS service are on
different virtual hosts. Each VirtualHost container has an IP address
and port associated with it. They must be distinct. So change either the
HTTP one (in httpd.conf) or the HTTPS one (in ssl.conf). e.g.

Listen 192.168.1.1:80
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:80>
  DocumentRoot /path/to/plain/http/site
  ...etc
</VirtualHost>

Listen 192.168.1.1:443
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:443>
  DocumentRoot /path/to/ssl/https/site
  ...etc
</VirtualHost>

BTW, the idea of having lots of different files for configuration
directives is deprecated. You could just as easily have all directives
(including SSL) in httpd.conf and not bother with ssl.conf at all.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

>Scott K.

>> port 443 cannot be used for both http AND https
>> you have to change the http port to a different one.
>> or change the https to a different one.
>> but currently you are trying to have two protocols on the same port.
>> that is where your virtual host is going wrong.

views of the sender's company.