httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] media
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 15:28:51 GMT

Apache can be used as a file server to allow people to download the
files but it does not act as a streamer like, say, RealPlayer Server
(but I htink you can get a demo version of this for free from
RealPlayer..)

>Can I broadcast songs from my hard disk over the network ?

There is not really such as thing as "broadcasting" over HTTP - it is a
client-pull architecture which means that the client (browser) has to
request actively the content.

rgds,

Owen Boyle

views of the sender's company.