httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI not running or Object not found
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 15:18:45 GMT

Well there you are then - you are trying to invoke a directory as if it
were a script.

In other words, whatever you type into the browser is causing a GET
request for a directory which you have defined as a CGI directory.
Generally, you should give the full path name to the script, e.g.
http://servername/cgi-dir/progname. If you want a default script to run,
then do:

DirectoryIndex progname

and then http://servername/cgi-dir/ will execute that script directly.