httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess causes 500 Internal Server Error
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:14:06 GMT

This is really the main problem. Until you fix this, I wouldn't go
bug-hunting... I'm not sure how apache actually checks the passwords,
but presumably it fires up a shell which runs a crypt() function - this
could cause the 500 - any reason to suspect this might not be working
(e.g. problem with libs)?. Try switching on ScriptLog and see if you get
more information...

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

views of the sender's company.