httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] howto debug -- directory index forbidden by rule
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:23:07 GMT
It is not clear (because you have "hidden" the directory names) that
your "Options Indexes" rule applies to the directory you are trying to
access. Check carefully and remember that subdirs inherit rules from
parent dirs and that .htaccess files override the config (if you set
AllowOverride).

BTW, the config is read at startup and parsed into a ruleset which
collapses redundant and overlapping rules - it is not that apache reads
the config for every request. So the line number information is not
available when the ruleset triggers an error.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

PS - your mod_ssl version is getting a bit behind...

views of the sender's company.