httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Alias not working
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 08:25:43 GMT
So what you're saying is that:

	> Alias /manual "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/manual"

works, but:

	> Alias /news "D:/Shared/APRS/ArchiveData/News"

doesn't and that your error is:

	> "The requested operation has failed!"

Am I right?

If so, since the error is not a typical apache error but rather sounds
like it is coming from the OS, I would guess that the apache process is
failing to mount the D: drive. I'm no windows expert, but I believe
Win2K now has the concept of users and permissions. So apache presumably
runs as a particular user (e.g. "apache") and this guy has to be allowed
to access D:

Check out the users permissions scheme (no idea how it works in win2K -
maybe some windows guys know?)

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

views of the sender's company.