httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Luff <dar...@snakegully.nu>
Subject [users@httpd] How to access META data from a CGI script?
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 03:45:31 GMT
Hi, I'm using <META NAME="Keywords"... in each web page, and want a perl
CGI included from each page to have access to the contents of the
"Keywords" data.

I couldn't see how to access the META data directly from the CGI, so I
tried setting the data in a variable, and using the variable to set the
META data and to pass the value to the CGI:

<!--#set var="keys" value="..." -->
<META NAME=Keywords CONTENT="${keys}">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/goog.pl?${keys}" -->
</BODY>

This works fine for the CGI, but the meta data still shows up in the
browser as:

ie. The 'keys' variable isn't expanded in the 'meta' header.

Any suggestions for a better/working way to do this besides entering the
data twice in each page?

Server is apache 1.3.

Thanks in advance.

Darryl luff