httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dwayne Miller" <dmil...@espgroup.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache on Windows with remote document root
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 18:14:51 GMT
Yeah, I've basically come to the same conclusion.  I was finally able to
get Apache to report that it believes the document root does not
exist... even though 'Everyone' has full control of the mapped drive.

I thought it odd though, that if I had no virtual servers and the
document root on a mapped drive (with perhaps bad permissions), Apache
would not start ( I believe it crashes on startup) and did not log the
problem.  This does not seem much different from the situation where I
specify a bogus directory (but on a local drive) as the document root,
Apache will not start but informs me that the document root directory
must exist.

However, if I had the main document root be a valid, local directory,and
set up a virtual server that accessed the mapped drive, then Apache
starts okay, but logs in the log file that the directory does not exist,
and permission denied on each access.