httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Bailey <idi...@netzero.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: GET line length limit?
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2002 13:55:10 GMT
Reading and learning cgi, I discovered the thing is set to 255 characters,
although I do not know where or  how. But the Post method uses no such limit,
and data of any length  may be sent. And in Python, it's easy.

Sorry, couldn't resist, I"M A PYTHON BIGGOT, I admit it, forgive me.
http://www.python.org/

and all the data in the url counts, not just the stuff after the query '?'
character.

--

end

Respectfully,