httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] IP Address
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2002 01:07:49 GMT
The xp pro firewall can be disabled by:
To enable or disable Internet Connection Firewall
Open  <EXEC=,control.exe, netconnections CHM=ntshared.chm
FILE=alt_url_windows_component.htm>Network Connections
<EXEC=,control.exe, netconnections CHM=ntshared.chm
FILE=alt_url_windows_component.htm>
Click the Dial-up, LAN or High-Speed Internet connection that you want
to protect, and then, under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this
connection.
On the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Firewall, select one of
the following:
To enable Internet Connection Firewall (ICF), select the Protect my
computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer
from the Internet check box.
To disable Internet Connection Firewall, clear the Protect my computer
and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the
Internet check box.

it doesn't seem to have any other options.

Jaqui

J. Greenlees wrote:

> Rafael Fernandez wrote:
>
>> I see port 21 is filtered does this means I can't put a FTP Server? Or I
>> can but change the port to 15 or other port?
>> How do I enable port 80 on ZoneAlarm?
>

> zonealarm:
> open zonealarm control center, click program control, verify that apache
> is in the list ( or you have to add it ) make sure that there are 4
> green check marks for apache. ( local and internet categories, trusted
> and server options for both )
> then zone alarm is up and apache is allowed through on ANY port you tell
> it to use.
>
> I'll ask my wife what steps she had to use to disable the firewall that
> came with her winxp pro.
> ( it would not even allow ms netmeeting to connect for a video
> conference while ms windowsxp pro firewall was running. I would not
> trust the firewall to be of any help )
>
> Jaqui

>>> 22      filtered    tcp        ssh
>>> 23      filtered    tcp        telnet
>>> 135     open        tcp        loc-srv
>>> 137     filtered    tcp        netbios-ns
>>> 138     filtered    tcp        netbios-dgm
>>> 139     filtered    tcp        netbios-ssn