httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] IP Address
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:45:05 GMT

Rafael Fernandez wrote:
> I see port 21 is filtered does this means I can't put a FTP Server? Or I
> can but change the port to 15 or other port?
> How do I enable port 80 on ZoneAlarm?

zonealarm:
open zonealarm control center, click program control, verify that apache
is in the list ( or you have to add it ) make sure that there are 4
green check marks for apache. ( local and internet categories, trusted
and server options for both )
then zone alarm is up and apache is allowed through on ANY port you tell
it to use.

I'll ask my wife what steps she had to use to disable the firewall that
came with her winxp pro.
( it would not even allow ms netmeeting to connect for a video
conference while ms windowsxp pro firewall was running. I would not
trust the firewall to be of any help )

Jaqui