httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@powerup.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] .cinik
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 04:33:24 GMT
Hello all.

Does anyone have any idea where .cinik comes from or what it is supposed
to be doing.  I run an httpd on my linux system (Redhat 7.3, apache
1.3.23) at home, purely as a training exercise.  I sometimes notice
unusual network activity while connected (dialup ppp), and on a couple
of occasions recently, the culprit has been .cinik, owned and run by
apache.apache.  What's curious about .cinik is that it turns up in the
strangest places: /tmp/.font-unix/.cinik/.cinik,
/var/cache/httpd/.cinik, /var/lib/dav/.cinik.  Does anyone know where
this thing comes from, or what it is doing?

Peter
--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"