httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Boeckman <matth...@saepio.com>
Subject [users@httpd] MaxClients > 255
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:13:08 GMT
  I'm running apache 1.3.26 on a RH 7.1 (linux 2.4.18smp) server and
need to recompile apache to support more than 255 clients. I have
followed what instructions I can find on this, and just wanted to see if
the list had any additional input or suggestions.

What I did:
 From the 1.3.26 tarball, edited src/include/httpd.h to have:
#ifndef HARD_SERVER_LIMIT
#ifdef WIN32
#define HARD_SERVER_LIMIT 1024
#elif defined(NETWARE)
#define HARD_SERVER_LIMIT 2048
#else
#define HARD_SERVER_LIMIT 1024
#endif
#endif

reconfig/make/make install

My planned config will be something like:
MinSpareServers 15
MaxSpareServers 30
StartServers 15
MaxClients 1024

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

--
Matthew Boeckman			(816) 777-2160
Manager - Systems Integration		Saepio Technologies