httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Meadors <clubn...@hereintown.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.x to Apache 2
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:40:23 GMT
Simon Dassow wrote:
> Better say, that php isn't playing nice with Apache2....
> I've got goddamn php running... as cgi and with a suexec-patch (so i
> dont need to copy the php binary for every vhost).
> But i'm still waiting for the perfect solution: the perchild MPM.
> Last time i tried perchild, it worked for a few requests and than
> stopped serving.

I'm having the exact same problem.  I posted it here along with many of
the details I've observed, but got ZERO responses.

> If someone has hints and/or tips and tricks for the perchild mpm, please
> post them, we all want to know :-)

I have a server waiting for PerChild to be working correctly.  Right now
it just sits, I'm willing to test any patches or ideas that are offered.

Maybe I should see what is going on over on the developers list.

> But another problem is mod_perl, they havent released version 2.0 but
> are at 1.99_07 which seems to be stable enought for testing and/or small
> sites.

Yeah, from what I've seen the mod_perl seems to be working well enough.
  Actually the mod_php works on my 2.0 without problems.  Got the new
release of mod_python working well also.  Just need the PerChild MPM so
these modules run as the right user.

--
Chris