httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache - database locks
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 21:33:44 GMT
~lol~

if you got rid of windoze and only had *nix then you wouldn't be asking
those silly questions about apache and windoze. ;)

Koen Vingerhoets wrote:
> Hi,
>
> well I run 8 win2000 boxes and one Linux, and it's only the Linux I have to
> reboot ;)
> It's usually not the OS self, but the software running on it... and ofcourse
> the awfull memory management that turns the system down from time to time.
> However, Windows XP Pro is something I dare to recommend... I didn't saw a
> single bluescreen on it since the early days... I started with Devil's 0wn
> to prepare my 'puter and knowledge... and up to now all runs smooth (no
> longer on Devil's 0wn tough ;).  I only had problems installing SP1 beta...
> but the final built again improved my system a lot.

well the only way to stop winxp pro from crashing every friday on my
wife's system was to put a linux partition in and have it dual booted.
( she has a p3  with an intel chipset ( 815e [ the chipset that L-M has
problems with in 8.x versions { I put Limux-Mandrake 8.2 on her system
}]  )) not one crash or problem since.

> So as experienced user, I kidnly ask to delete all Linux systems and replace
> them by Win XP so that I can finally stop feeling silly asking questions
> about Apache on Windows (I have a book where they even skip "Securing Apache
> on Windows" with the words: 'If you run windows, you don't want security.'
>
> Hehe... ah well.
>
> To end with a one-liner: Computers are like airco, they stop working
> properly once you open windows.

a truism!!!