httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cannot run exe on apache2
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 08:55:05 GMT

bulbultyagi@now-india.net.in wrote:
~snip~

> gaurav : how do I do that ? , I have placed the test.exe in cgi-bin folder ,
> I used ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
> <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin">
>     AllowOverride None
>     Options None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
> I even tried AddHandler cgi-script .exe .pl
have you given apache the data it needs to parse an exe?
from the apache 2 docs on apache.org:

If you're writing CGI programs in C, there are a variety of options.
One of these is the CGIC library, from http://www.boutell.com/cgic/

if you have not included a library for apache to understand the file,
then it won't work.

if you put your httpd.conf up then it makes it easier to see what might
be causing the problem.