httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] OT Answering mail--without causing pain
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 18:51:36 GMT

Gary Turner wrote:
> Kyle wrote:
>

>>I object to the idiocy of 2.3 from the site you mentioned.  I have over
>>600 e-mails to go through today.
>

> About the same here, after the holiday, 250-300 per day normal load.

hmm, 600 per day is my normal load. I'm only on three lists.

>>I don't have time to scroll down to the bottom of every one of
>>them to see the replies.
>

> Nobody does.  If you edit the post you're replying to, and intra-fix
> your comments, as I've done, the entire message is likely to fit into
> one frame.

I do.

>> Replies should ALWAYS be at the top so they are seen when you step
>>through your mails. <snip>
>

> So they lose all context?

I can see both points, top reply is simpler if you have been following a
thread, but if you first see a message halfway through you have to try
to understand the original post from the replies. this is where bottom
reply works better.

just my opinion