httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Meadors <clubn...@hereintown.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] confused with directory permissions
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 04:57:12 GMT
Jordan Thompson wrote:
> don't know for sure - perhaps not as I would assume that apache would have
> caught the type-o you pointed out.

Yes, trying to restart Apache with an error in the config file will
cause it to die.  I always run "apachectl configtest" before I restart it.

So, back to your commonhttpd.conf.  Again find the <Directory ...>
statement for your DocumentRoot.  Within that directive look for an
AllowOverride line.  Make that line say, "AllowOverride Options
AuthConfig".  Restart and that should be it.

--
Chris