httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Meadors <clubn...@hereintown.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] confused with directory permissions
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 20:55:16 GMT
Jordan Thompson wrote:

> I hope I don't sound stupid, but I can't find that either.  Is this supposed
> to be in commonhttpd.conf?

I don't know what your distro did to the Apache's default conf files,
but I've just been assuming that commonhttpd.conf contains most of the
default httpd.conf stuff, and that it probably just includes other files
for virtual hosts or something.  This seems to be correct.

> I did find:
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html
> in httpd.conf, but no <Location /> anywhere.

Don't worry about the <Location /> stuff now that you found your
DocumentRoot.  Now you just need the <Directory "/var/www/html">
directive.  Go and make the changes I said in my first e-mail to that
part of the conf.

--
Chris